SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fairegold

do you ever lose your temper?

fairegold
18 years ago

I did today. Mother was going on and on about money, and I tell her that she is fine, she has plenty of money, more than she had when she gave me her checkbook, in fact. I took over her checkbook because she obsessed about money to a degree that drove me crazy.

Anyway, we were discussing her returning to her apartment, and my concern that her apartment is so far away from the dining room and the chapel, and she might have to move to a closer apartment. She thinks that she has no money because I had told her that, when she first moved into the nursing home, that her costs were covered and it would be very expensive for her to get the same care in her own apartment. That has twisted in her mind to mean that she has no money. I have tried in vain to explain it all, to no avail.

I have repeatedly written out the income she has, and what her savings are and what interest rates she gets on her savings. At some point, I refuse to do that 15 times a day, or even leave the paper with her, because she will take a pen and tick away at the paper until it's covered with ink.

At some point today I got really frustrated. I told her that she obviously does not trust me, and that hurts my feelings. Everything I tell her, she questions, as in "who told you that?" I just told her that my feelings were really hurt that she does not trust me, and I'll see her tomorrow, and I left.

Comments (11)

Sponsored