SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wodka

Donating Body to Science

wodka
15 years ago

With my father dying almost two years ago and now my sister diagnosed with cancer, I have been contemplating on what would be the easiest on family as far as burials/cremation go, when I pass away. I have always marked my driver's license as an organ donor, but today when I called to inquire about getting more information regarding donating my body to science (or if my sister was interested in talking about it when she starts getting her affairs in order) I found out that neither one of us are eligible.

I was so disappointed. The reason is that when we were children, my brother contracted hepatitis from swimming in contaminated water and spread it to my sister, my father and me. In fact, we were quarantined for several weeks.

I still plan to be cremated when I die, but was hoping my body/organs would be able to help others. I've always known that we couldn't give blood, but this just blew me away. Is there anyway this could be wrong information? Does this mean I can't donate anything, such as eyes?

Comments (19)

Sponsored