SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sharlee_gw

Dear Friends, thank you!!!

sharlee
18 years ago

With Mom's passing a week ago, I still haven't gone over to her little apt at the caregiver's home. Need to pick up some pictures so my DB can also have some memories. We do have until the end of the month.

I haven't even completed my Dad's pictures as he had several boxes since his death was 3 weeks prior, so have decided to just go to the beautiful Oregon coast for a couple days next week which is just an hour away.

It's with thanks to all of you that I can simply let some things go now. I've learned so much from you. Since my work has been with seniors for years I'm good at helping others & absolutely realize that I must do for myself now. Believe me, this is very difficult for me to do as I've given my life to others. Last nite when my DH arrived home from a meeting I had stayed home all day & tried to split up pictures most of the day. I am accustomed to getting out each day whether it's my part-time work with seniors or gardening, so I announced I was getting out for a while. I had to laugh at myself as I felt so "free" & simply went to Nordstrom & another gift shop.

There "is" life after death....for us caregivers, too! I'm just finding that & realize I probably need to be on the grieving forum now.

Again, thank you, thank you. Bless all of you,

Sharlee

Comments (5)

Sponsored