Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dear Friends, thank you!!!

Posted by sharlee (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 18, 05 at 12:39

With Mom's passing a week ago, I still haven't gone over to her little apt at the caregiver's home. Need to pick up some pictures so my DB can also have some memories. We do have until the end of the month.

I haven't even completed my Dad's pictures as he had several boxes since his death was 3 weeks prior, so have decided to just go to the beautiful Oregon coast for a couple days next week which is just an hour away.

It's with thanks to all of you that I can simply let some things go now. I've learned so much from you. Since my work has been with seniors for years I'm good at helping others & absolutely realize that I must do for myself now. Believe me, this is very difficult for me to do as I've given my life to others. Last nite when my DH arrived home from a meeting I had stayed home all day & tried to split up pictures most of the day. I am accustomed to getting out each day whether it's my part-time work with seniors or gardening, so I announced I was getting out for a while. I had to laugh at myself as I felt so "free" & simply went to Nordstrom & another gift shop.
There "is" life after death....for us caregivers, too! I'm just finding that & realize I probably need to be on the grieving forum now.

Again, thank you, thank you. Bless all of you,
Sharlee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dear Friends, thank you!!!

Condolences, Sharlee. What a dreadful time you have had. Not sure how you are still on your feet! I think you "need" to be wherever you want to be. Here among friends is good.
Shalom....Derry

o

Sharlee, Thoughts and prayers....know how you feel...my Dad went down to stay with my sister for a few days,my husband had a meeting and with not having to care for Mom...my dear daughter called and said Mom I'll take you to dinner...as we were sitting there eating..the thought came to mind...I don't have to rush home....made me so sad..I miss Mom so much. It was wonderful to sit and visit with my Dear Daughter and pig out on Chinese. God Bless, Nora

o

Derry, yes, I'm comfortable here.
Nora, that's interesting,being with your daughter & your thoughts. Last Monday I had business downtown where I never get to go & then went to Nordstrom where my Dear Daughter works. Had her paged & she had time for a quick bite. Here people are rushing all over & I simply had all this time......just not used to it yet. I know how you miss your sweet Mom from all the things you've said about her. You were very lucky. Yesterday I had to go back downtown unexpectedly to sign more papers & then popped into Nordy's & there was my daughter! She's not just in one dept, but oversees the main store. Anyway, it's fun to be where the action is for a change as I have a laid-back lifestyle. Uncertain what the future holds for me as things are so different now & even my DH & I aren't getting along very well. Is this familiar to anyone?
Sharlee

o

Dear Sharlee... First I need to ask you to forgive me for overlooking the fact that you just lost your father when I offered my condolences after losing your mother. Hardly any of us have lost a father and mother so close together... That has to be a horrible experience for you. Thank God you're doing as well as you are... You've been enduring incredible stress, frustration, exhaustion, and grief... This could be affecting your relationship with your DH. (It's probably been hard on him, too.) I pray God helps you to be patient with each other... May He minister peace to you both and bless your marriage with an outpouring of His love and compassion. ~breezy

o

Breezy,
Oh, please let me say that you've always been one of such compassion to us all & no forgiveness is needed Yes, I've seen this has been difficult on my DH as he's under such stress with a 3yr project he's involved in as a volunteer. That is how long we've been married in our 60's. With my newfound freedom I have finally been making a "stand" instead of being a doormat. This is something, I guess, that should be discussed with a professional & do not mean to sound ungrateful for what I have. Always put him first after God & now feel such a change has taken place that I need to do something for myself. Hope this doesn't sound selfish, but that's where I'm at right now.

Blessings to you, Sharlee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here