SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindajewell_gw

Mom at it again

lindajewell
15 years ago

Hi, I am so upset and frustrated as my mom is once again pressuring me to bring her home. When I called today she really got on. "you could hire someone to help a little" Okay mom, how would you shower? There is no shower on the 1st floor and no place to put one. "I could do it" How mom, how would you get upstairs? Yes we have a chair glide but because of the stupid design of the stairs you have to walk up 2 steps to get on it. "I could do it" No mom you can't, you can't even stand for a short period of time. "I could do it with help" Mom, I can't help you to do that. "NO! YOU WON'T HELP!" "YOU COULD DO IT IF YOU WANTED BUT YOU DON'T WANT TO"

Okay, so she is and has always been a control freak, yes I can ignore this but not when it is an everyday occurence. It is starting to get to me. she thinks I can and SHOULD take care of her at home. What the heck can I say to her to get through her head that I am not capable of this.

I get so worked up as I hate to even call her or go visit because she keeps bringing it up. Then she tries to get my dad on her side, but mostly he can't understand her speech anymore so has no clue what she is saying! LOL!

Any suggestions...........keep in mind my brother is in this nursing home also, late stages of PD and even he knows I could not take care of him at home. And he would be my first choice if one was to come home to live.

Comments (22)

Sponsored