SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
realitykraft

Questions about memory

realitykraft
17 years ago

My mother in law, she is around 84- although we just celebrated her 82 birthday is living with us. She has been with us since Christmas- so we know her routines. We went to the Dr a few days ago and everything checked out okay. Here's the question.

Sunday- two days a go she had a blood sugar reading of 567- very, very high. After many questions we figured out that she had not taken her insulin that morning. At four in the morning she woke up and went into the living room to watch TV- she has never done before- and besides she has a TV in her room. My husband said she was just a little confused- that's all go back to sleep. This morning- it turned out that she had been padding around for some time- I asked her if she did her blood sugar and insulin. No she hadn't. She then told me that she doesn't take insulin in the morning- only at night. I guess it frightened me because she has been taking insulin in the morning for fifteen years- and all of a sudden forgetting seems, well- scary. She has been largely responsible for her own diabetes care- and now it seems like she can no longer do it.

Do you think that this cause for alarm or is it just a the beginning of what's come.

I should be at work but I am waiting for the aide to come so I can fill her in.

Comments (7)

Sponsored