Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Parkinsons Disease

Posted by lindajewell (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 08 at 8:51

If any of you here suffer from Parkinsons I would like to "talk" with you. Or if you are a caregiver for someone with PD, I would like to chat with you also.
My brother has PD and is in late stages, in a nursing home and is turning 60 on Aug. 21. There are times I almost can't bear to see him as it breaks my heart so much. Overall though I have found an "outlet" that is helping me work through my emotions and helping others in the process. I have become more involved in the fight to find a cure, in "educating" others, like the nursing home staff! and so on...........

If you would be so kind as to email me from here I would like your input so I can continue to fight for all PD patients and others with neurological disorders.

If you want to chat openly here that is fine also, the choice is yours but I could use your help!

Thank you for your time,

Linda J

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Parkinsons Disease

Hi Linda, I'm 49 years old and have had PD for 6 - 8 years. How can I help you?

o

First off I am sorry to hear you are diagnosed with early onset PD, my brother was 41 when he was diagnosed but we suspect he had PD for at least a year before going to the doctor.
I have joined the Parkinson's Action Network and am taking on the fight in my area to push Congressman and Senators for more funding for research on PD and all neuro. disorders. What I would like from other PD patients is just info on your feelings, your hopes for the future, your thoughts on the research that is being done, how PD has affected your life to this point. Things like that.........I can site my brother and his life, but I feel I will be more effective in my fight if I hear from others because PD hits everyone differently and I obviously do not know all, other than a cure must be found!
I have been through a lot with my brother in the past year and a half due to ignorance in the medical community. I won't go in to it all here, but sufice it to say this fueled my desire to fight for PD patients everywhere.
Any info you feel comfortable sharing will be helpful in expanding my knowledge of PD.

o

Linda, I'll be happy to talk w/ you. The phone is much easier for as typing is difficult. Send me an email to cindyg1958@yahoo.com and I'll send you my number.

o

Sent you an email, will wait to hear from you and I must say I am looking forward to "meeting" you!

o

Can't find the email.. can you send it again?

o

Found it, it was in my spam folder. I've responded.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here