SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rebeccaalbreit

A bad day for all of us here

rebeccaalbreit
17 years ago

Update on Grandpa.... It is almost 1am here and I am still up and still can't shaking from our horrible day. My husband and I went out to see him and try to talk to him yet again. He was outside with a weed eater in his hands. He just took one look at us and went balistic. He said to get the F off his property and then came after us with the weed eater. My husband told him we just wanted to talk to him and to calm down. He shut it off and then just started screaming crazy stuff at us. He said my husband never visited his Mother's grave. He just kept rattling off crazy stuff like this. I told him to calm down and he told me to shove something up my A__. He came at me and hit me before my husband could grab him. I headed for the house to call 911. He came after me with my husband trying to hold him back. They got into the kitchen and were wrestling. Grandpa was winning because my husband didn't want to hurt him. He finally had to pin him down on the ground until 7 cop cars came and the paramedics. My husband is covered in bruises. It was the most horrifying experience of my life. I can't stop crying. I have never seen such rage in my entire life. And for no apparent reason...... He is delusional and thinks we are out to get him. We kept telling him we just are trying to help him.

Anyway, we sat at the hospital all day. We didn't want to see him and he didn't want to see us. He got there and started acting all nice. We kept telling them he wanted to kill both of us. I really think he would have killed us had he gotten the chance. He was going for a knife in the kitchen. I can't stop shaking.

Then the ER doc said he is going to let him go home because he isn't acting crazy to him. We all got hysterical and called an attorney. Luckily we got one to return our call and he convinced them to admit him. I can't rest now for fear in the morning when he sees a phyciatrist they will send him home. He said he is going to take the F ing car and run it through our living room. The attorney said he will file for emergency guardianship and not to worry. If they were going to let him out earlier what's to keep them from letting him out in the morning? I am just horrified at all this.

My husband is also very upset because it is his Father. It's hard to take seeing your Father come at you with intent to kill with so much hate and anger.

We are both almost 60. I have diabetes and my numbers are sky high tonight and his blood pressure is way high. This is so sad.

Then we have to go through this bright and early tomorrow morning. Everyone keeps telling me they are not going to let him out but I am not sure and I am terrified.

Thanks everyone for your help. Rebecca

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner