Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how is everyone?

Posted by heydeborah (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 08 at 1:46

Hi everyone, i still automacially check in everyday, but thought i would see how things are with all of you. it has been a real different journey for us. i am getting caught up on reading -- pb reading me janet e book and bought a ton on used books in the spring. i also bought a ton of yarn to start knitting again, and sleep in late but as you can see i have trouble sleeping. i now have light brown hair (have to hide that grey) and put on makeup and now do my nails. Gracie Joy Devine (the puppy who now is 7 lbs) and i go and see Al every day (no i put her in her basket and do not let her on the ground), i am still so lost. i have been "asked out" but what 52 yr old wants to go out on a "date", i feel that this is my time and hear all of you saying outloud"finally"! our daughter turned 20 afew weeks ago and is going into her 3rd year of university, Al would be so proud. our son is now 25 and is an assistant manager at the store he works at, he was best man at a wedding 2 weeks ago and the priest asked him if he was interested in the priesthood (something we thought he might go into), what a compliment! he is also going to New York with 4 buddies next month to watch baseball.
the weather here has been so hot and humid and raining, we had 2 inches of water in our basement, but it's better than hurricanes.
i miss talking to all of you and have a great weekend, and to all our new friends out there, listen to these great people, they got me through so much.

debbie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how is everyone?

Hi Deb,
Glad to see you posting. Glad to see you are doing good.
I am still butterflying and gardening.
My time as a caregiver reminds me to do what I want now and not wait till later, I might not be able to or I might be caregiving and not have time-only God knows what time will bring.
I enjoy my 4 grandbabies also.
Glad you checked in--Anyone else from the past out there??
Connie/Mi

o

Well, hi yourself! And listen to the old lady a bit....the next time you are "asked out" GO! It could be that he doesn't consider it a date either. He may just want a companion for dinner or a show. It beats eating alone or going by oneself to a movie. And you know what folks would think if he asked another man. Friends, of both sexes, are important.

Wow! Gracie is growing. I know you enjoy her company. We still miss not having a little four legged one around.

Sounds like the children are getting along well too. Take care of yourself and keep reading!
PB

o

glad you are doing good and doing things that YOU want to do - I am still 'hanging' in there with DH - he just finished his third round of chemo, had the CT scan yesterday and we get the results Monday. This is getting 'wearing' after fighting this cancer non-stop since last year in May.

This is a nice forum but if you want a really active forum visit WellSpouse.com - and Deb, you would be welcome there - they have one forum going on for FWS (former well spouse).

Carolyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here