SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindajewell_gw

Daddy Day Care

lindajewell
15 years ago

Hi all! It has been a while since I have checked in. A lot going on over the past several months. My dad was in the hospital in May and again in June, but both times was only for a few days and nothing life threating or real serious. He is doing fine now.

Mom was also back in the hospital with congestive heart failure and bronchitis, she was also in only a short time, went in on a Saturday and went back to the nursing home the following Tues. That Tues. morning I was rushing around and WHAM! ran in to a chair leg with my foot and broke the little toe on my right foot. That put a damper on some of my gardening plans.

Then my brother went in for oral surgery, had to have all his teeth out. While he was in the hospital I made the comment that I would give my right arm to get him moved to the same nursing home that my mom is in, well guess what? It happened!!!! He is now there with mom and I only have one nursing home to go to! Yipeeeeeee. This is much better for my brother as his care will and is better now.

I am in the midst of remodeling one of the bathrooms. Dad decided to help me one day and used the integarted into the tile soap dish to push himself up.............he never even got his butt out of the bath chair when the soap dish came down along with many of the tiles.........sigh......

so I have been out picking new tile for the tub surround and floor. Figured if I was going to replace one I may as well go ahead and remodel the whole thing.

So, while all of this was going on I decided to enroll my dad in an adult day care. I found a really good one right in our area, price is right and they are liscened by the state which makes me feel better. I took him last week and he actually enjoyed it. They have a hot meal available for an additional $4.75 and dad said it was pretty good. I am very happy he likes it 'cause now I will have one day a week that I can call my own!

Okay, I have rambled way too long.............

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living