SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dabunch_gw

I need your help, please

dabunch
9 years ago

I'm thinking of starting a Homecare business. In the beginning a NON-medical. In the future I may incorporate some medical. I DESPISE dealing with insurances, hence the non-medical. DH is a physician, semi-retired. I too, have a medical background, but am not a nurse...eventually a semi-medical training book may be in the picture, but I have to start with direct care, first.

I am not happy with what I see out there with other homecare businesses. I want to be different and CARE. I would like to see a specialty para-nursing, homecare type people available for assisting the clients. There seems to be a GAP in training and knowledge between CNA, HHA, and companions. None of them seem to be all-around type caregivers. To me, if you are hired to work, you need to perform and KNOW what you're doing.

I mostly lurk and have posted mostly in the decorating forum.

I have read some of the insightful posts, and you posters are a wonderful bunch, full of knowledge and information. I would like to pick YOUR brain as to what is really needed for elder care. Post surgical care would be included....and other. I think I have a lot of the needs covered, but I'm sure that there are plenty more...

I'm also very afraid of the liability, and the quality of employees that may be applying for this type of work. I have short term goals and long term goals as I put my business plan on paper.

I genuinely want to help people. I am uber responsible and have very high standards. Who knows? Maybe I'll get disenchanted and quit before I even start it ;)
Any tips, information, or warnings are appreciated. TIA

Comments (12)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm