Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interesting article

Posted by agnespuffin (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 22, 06 at 11:48

I was sent this article. I wondered if any of you agreed with this. There may be something to it as even though my mother and aunt ate a lot, there was no great weight gain. I really couldn't say if they had LOST weight, but they certainly didn't put it on in spite of eating well.

The way I figure it, at the rate that I am putting on the excess pounds, I don't need to worry. I am at least safe for the next ten years. After that, I won't care!! (Big Grin here!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Possible AD warning sign???????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interesting article

Hi Aileen,
This is interesting. I can see why it occurs once the disease is established...with the apathy,decline in ability to cook, or remember recipies, or to shop, and finally with the loss of ability to chew, swallow, etc. But preceeding the illness, is odd to me. Suggests to me that there may be a metabolic component, or genetic tendency for wt loss during the years that many are putting on weight. I do know, that in my Dad's family, people lost weight in their 70's and 80's, and were quite thin by the mid 80's. An observation he followed. In a way, looking forward to being a size 10 again!!
Derry

o
RE: Interesting article

Derry, I think I agree. That may be what this research will show. I am sure that some of the women gained weight as they "matured" and then began to lose it as something changed the metabolic rate. It probablly would have something to do with where the plaque first formed in the brain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here