SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wodka

skin care for chemo/radiation patient

wodka
15 years ago

My sister was just diagnosed with lung cancer that has also spread to her shoulder and spine. She began chemo and radiation treatment last week. We are putting together a gift basket of items that will provide some comfort while she undergoes treatment.

I've already ordered ALRA shampoo, lotion and deodorant for her. Was wondering what is the best laundry detergent to use, with least or no fragrance that will not irritate her skin? Also, bath soaps? She will be having 5 consecutive days of radiation and 1 day of chemo for 6 -8 weeks, then they will scan to see how things are going, so most likely her skin is going to suffer a burn of some sort.

I also have on the list things like a zip up hoodie/sweatshirt, because the chemo room is chilly, and her shoulder hurts when she puts on pullover tops, like tees, etc. Also, soft socks (she does not want the ones with treads because her feet are already sensitive, but knows not to walk in the soft ones, to avoid slipping.) Also, lip balm, an electric razor, Ensure, crocs shoes, bottled water.

I would appreciate any other suggestions. I will be going up to see her next Tuesday, along with several of my siblings, so thank you in advance for your ideas.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz