Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Elderly care calls.

Posted by kandw101 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 08 at 9:34

My elderly mother(89) loves to garden and lives alone 400 miles from me. The gardening is what keeps her at her home by herself. Does anyone use Realpersonreminder.com for daily care calls and prescription reminders. They look like what I need. thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Elderly care calls.

kandw101, can't help you with the question, just wanted to say that my mom lives alone and is annoyed because she can no longer rake her leaves. She gets short of breath and then gets scared, she is 96. We should all be so lucky to be as contented as they are being with at home and in the garden.

o

Many areas have there own check-up systems. One of ours is connected to a local hospital.

Check around. It may be that there is already a local agency doing exactly what you want.

o

Also google "faith in action" it is a volunteer organization.

o

My parents have the monitor pendant too, but there's is from their home security company, ADT. The operator listens to what's going on and calls for emergency services. It's worked perfectly each time Dad has fallen.

o

I have been looking after my now 94 year old mother for 8 years. I am 64 and my income is very low. I live quite a bit of time in Costa Rica working on a project there. Has anybody made use of the video networking technology to make care calls (my thought was to have a caregive accept the call or the video conference on behalf of my mother just so she can see me and I can see her on the screen..also I want to help her do range of motion exercises or read her an article for example..just be together online..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here