SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ericasj

Grocery shopping for two households

ericasj
15 years ago

DMom is back in her own home after the stroke, speaking normally, getting stronger, BUT she is no longer driving. This is fine with me, as it's been a worry for a long time. But it means she can't do her own grocery shopping anymore.

I did take her out to a regular supermarket once since her hospital release. It was exhausting for both of us, and I never want to do it again! I can see getting her out to a small store like Aldi's or Rite Aid (for the outing as much as anything.) But we've got to find an alternative for the main shopping trip.

So, how do you get food into your LO's house? Buy things for them while you're shopping for yourself? Do an online order for delivery to their house? Do you pay for it then get reimbursement, or have them put money on a gift card in advance?

One thing I've already thought of is making a master list for her to mark up what she needs. But I need more ideas about the whole logistics of it, especially with gas prices the way they are and feeling disorganized about my own errands already. Right now, I'm spending just about double on gas than I was pre-stroke, from all the running around.

(Boy, I miss the days of my childhood when we had a milk man, a bread man, and an egg man delivering every week!)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living