SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mar_cia

need advice once again with alz. mom

mar_cia
18 years ago

You all are great and have helped me before. I have two new problems and am wondering if anyone else has gone through these and gotten answers. Mom has alz and is a care facility. She has gotten frail and has a hard time walking. She has fallen twice and she is supposed to use a walker or wheel chair. The problem is she can't remember to use the walker ...and it gets left places other than where she is sitting anyway. If we put her in a wheel chair, she just would still get up and walk to somewhere else. By law, they can't restrain her. The second problem is more off the wall. Mom has a sore place on her forehead that she keeps picking at. It has been going on for almost a yr and everyone is exasperated and has no answers. Anything like gloves she pulls off. She constantly takes off the bandaids and is always bleeding and bloody fingers. I made her some cotton mittens with ties for at night and they said she fought them until she pulled them off. I actually had to have it biopsied last week but thankfully there are no cancer cells. She just can't understand not to pick it. She thinks at this point that everyone is against her and always bothering her with bandaids etc and is gteting more and more unhappy. We are actually thinking about some sort of helmet that she cna't get off, but it is going to make her so agitated and mad. Any suggestions? The home where she lives told me something has to be done. Marcia

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville