SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisy7_gw

Insurance running out

Daisy7
15 years ago

I'll try to be brief. I have no place to turn. Maybe somebody has had to deal with this?

Brother, age 47, has waged a battle with cancer for the past year. He's done all the chemo, all the radiation, there is nothing left to try. After six months, he went back into the hospital, and they found it had spread to his brain. They gave him radiation to keep it from swelling, which left him deaf in one ear and blind in one eye. Then they sent him home.

He fell several times, cut his arms and they got infected with MRSA. Back to the hospital.

They did surgery on his arms, they are cleaning and dressing them twice a day.

Now the hospital tells us the insurance has run out. They can keep him three more days.

His wife won't take him home. Even if she did, hospice has told her they won't do wound care. It's not the kind of care a lay person can do. He has to be heavily medicated first.

The nursing homes in the area won't do wound care either.

Can the hospital just put him out on the sidewalk? We siblings can't do anything... the wife has the control....

I've tried researching the hospital website and can't find anything dealing with insurance or indigent care.

Can somebody offer some advise? Please....

Comments (14)

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer