SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

update on dad

mikeandbarb
14 years ago

He came down with a bad infection in his arm. He had fallen and scraped his arm. They treat him but it just doesn't want to heel up. They sent him to the hospital and they kept him for 3 days and then sent him back to the NH. Dad was back there no time till he was calling me and telling me that the driver took him to a motel where there was a bunch of whores. He wanted me to call the police and said he still had the band on his arm and could prove he was there. This was a shock for me and at first I just wanted to cry. Then I told my son about it and he laughed, he's use to having worked in NH's and hospital, he see's humor. He say's that if I ever get like that he'll be laughing at the thing's I say. I just wonder if he really will. it's much different when it's your parent I think.

I don't think dad has much longer before he'll not know who I am, 2 or 3 months maybe or he might not lose that part. Only time will tell just how far gone his mind is. I did talk to one of the ladies at the NH and she asked if I wanted someone to talk to my dad to let him know where he had been, I told her it would stick with him. He couldn't even remember what he was doing at the hospital with the PT. She had to move his legs for him or he would stop.

Comments (3)

Sponsored