SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nora8

Mom is with the Lord!!!!!

nora8
18 years ago

Dear Friends, My sweet Mom took her last breath on June 26th at 8:48...with Dad,me,my Dh,my sister and brother-in-law in the room with her....for 14 days we watched as Mom's body started it's journey to leave us....it was heartbreaking to see and go thur. My sweet Dad sat and slept in a recliner beside her bed....my sister and I and all 6 of her grandaughters bathed her,changed her bed and told her how much we loved her.....many friends,family came and also told her how much they loved her....her big strong heart kept beating....hospice came and were so wonderful...her little body just wasted away before our eyes....I prayed and ask the Lord to let me be with her when she took her last breath....I was....I thought my heart would simply stop...it hurt so much...but then I felt a calm peace that words can not explain....Mom was with Jesus....for 3 days her breathing was so labored....then in the last moments it was not....after her last breath Mom closed her mouth and a smile was on her face. We celebrated Mom's life yesterday...my DH and brother-in-law did the service....all 6 of her grandaughters read Mom's favorite psalms and her favorite poems....Mom had told my oldest daughter years ago her 3 favorite psalms and also my niece...they both had written them down in their bible....Mom had written in this book that she wanted this poems read at her funeral and had also written 3 songs she wanted....another poem Mom had written down and given to all of us with a silver dollar taped to it....another was a poem that was given to her when she lost her mother and grandmother on the same day...just 3 hours apart. Each grandaughter read and then shared their memories....a great-grandaughter..aged 12 sang amazing grace.....it was a beautiful service. Dad is doing just o.k.....he says that he knows he can go on but...it is so very hard....thank the Lord for His Love and Strength....right now all I can do is know my Mom is at rest....but....I miss her so very much and it is so hard to go downstairs....Mom is not there and I miss her so much...at times I think my heart will surely break. Please keep my Dad and I in your prayers....Love to all, Nora

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio