SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
agnespuffin

Sometimes there is a Ray of Sunshine

agnespuffin
17 years ago

My husband plays golf twice a week with a group of older men. They have to be at least 55 to join. At the present time, the oldest is 93 and still playing regularly. Needless to say that for some, it is the highlight of the week.

As you can imagine, in that age group, there are a lot that get too ill to play. To my knowledge, none have died on the course, but a couple have passed away in the parking lot afterwards. It's almost as if they had decided to finish life doing something that they enjoyed.

Recently, one of the members was so near the end that he was at our local Hospice. Somehow, he managed to get someone to come get him and take him to the golf course so he could see it one more time. He got to see all his old friends, listened to the usual corny dumb jokes and rode around in a golf cart as they played. (he didn't play of course) Then he was taken back to the Hospice where he died a few days later.

I think that all the men were happy to have been able to say goodbye to him in a way that he enjoyed.

Aileen

Comment (1)

Sponsored