SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fairegold

Good news/update

fairegold
18 years ago

Mother has her new walker, one with 4 wheels. It had to be a special order since she needed the "Jr." size, for folks 4-10 to 5-4. (Slight rant on this subject below...) She is doing great, and can get to meals, and today also went to Mass and to their little library. We were able to drop the assisted living care---hiphiphooray!

On Monday, we saw the doctor and I made a strong enough case for anti-depressents, and the doctor agreed, and started Mother on Lexapro. That was Monday. I swear it's already working on her, or it's got a great placebo effect on me, because Mother is just a lot less agitated and whiny. It's like a different person.

Thans to all of you who suggested it. I was worried that she'd have some side effects like disorientation or balance problems, but nothing like that is seem. I am now a believer!

You folks are wonderful help. Thanks so very much!

Helene

(rant: We went to the downtown medical supply store a few weeks ago to look at various models of 4-wheel walkers, and that's where we learned that she'd need a rare model for the size. Priced at "Sale $295." So I was told that it would take up to a week to get it into the store from their warehouse. I called after a week, on the 2nd, and I was told that it *might* be on the truck to be delivered on Saturday. So far, no one has called me to report that my special order is in. Anyway, I went online on the 2nd and found the same item for retail price $239, sale price $179, no shipping on orders over $100. So I ordered it, and it came UPS in 3 days. Still haven't heard from the local business. Sheesh.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Mobility Care

Comments (5)

Sponsored