SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindajewell_gw

I've been on a rollercoaster!

lindajewell
15 years ago

Hi all, my life has once again been going in many different directions. First my computer had to go to the computer geeks. The anti spam program was corupt and therefore sucked up all 2 gigs of memory, locking access to all programs. While the computer was gone my dad had a follow up endo. to see if his esophagus had healed from the violent throwing up he had from the flu last month. It did, test went well, we came home, he ate as he was very hungry. Went to bed early and when I went to give him his evening meds his temp was way up, he had chills and just looked like crap.

I called the medics and spent the night in ER with him, he had pneumonia. He spent a few days in the hospital on strong IV antibiotics. He was on antibiotics for an additional week at home but is doing fine now.

In the meantime my brother had an appt. with the oral surgeon for his x-rays so he can get his rotten teeth removed. While dad was in hospitatl I had to make sure he got brought from his nursing home by wheelchair van so he could get this done. They were late bringing him but luckily the oral surgeon is a friend of mine so he was very understanding. My brother goes in to the hospital on the 30th so his teeth can come out. He has to be in the hospital due to his Parkinson's and all the meds he is on. Every one said they would feel better, including me!

Now, in the meantime my mom was not feeling well and her nursing home said she too had a touch of pneumonia. Okay, they had her on antibiotics but she was not getting better. This past Saturday we went to see her and the nursing home told me they called her doctor and he wanted her sent to the hospital. She is in there now and has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure. She is getting all kinds of test run, they want to make sure her kidneys and liver are functioning properly. She looked much better today so maybe with luck she will be able to go back to the nursing home in a day or so.

In the meantime I got so upset about not having my computer that I bought a new one! I bought a notebook, wireless router and now I can grab my alone time outside (if it ever quits raining here!) and still be connected. So far I love, love, love it. My desktop is also fixed so I can fall back on it, but think I will more than likely sell it. Okay, I will shut the heck up now. Thanks for listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a link ya'll might enjoy.

Linda J

Here is a link that might be useful: Parents wish

Comments (7)

Sponsored