SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patti541

Difficulty with a decision....

Patti541
18 years ago

I desperately need some input...my uncle, who I have been taking care of for the last year, was placed in hospice last week. He was not eating much, not drinking and barely able to support himself walking. It seems he has recovered enough so they want to remove him from inpatient hospice in the next day or so. The social workers have been suggesting that I don't take him back to my home and place him in another setting (adult care home, nursing home.) Finances are not a problem, it is the emotions that are difficult for me. If I had to make a choice, I think he would do better in a home setting rather than a hospital setting. Right now, there are no nursing home beds available anyway. I have been looking at some adult care homes, but they are not exactly what I am looking for...my option right now is to bring him back to my home, have hospice follow him and continue possibly looking for a care setting for him. I have done nothing but cry on and off for the last week...at this point, I don't even know what to do. I know I can get some in home help from hospice...I am hoping that will work out. My biggest problem with him is cleaning him up when he is occasionally bowel incontinent...just because physically he is difficult to manipulate for me. I want him to be at my home, but again I don't know if I can continue to care for him. Anyone have any thoughts? Sorry if I am rambling...

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia