SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dar_s

Just needed someone to listen

dar_s
17 years ago

HELLO! I am a newbie. I take care of my mother. She has been trached and is on a ventilator. In 2004 she had got a cold which turn into the flu, then turned into pneumonia. Her lungs filled over night and she stopped breathing. She was in an coma for 2 weeks. While she was in a coma, the doctors told be she was not picking up breathing on her own and that she need to be trached. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to decide.

The doctor says that maybe one day she would get off but it may take a while. Well it has been a while and she still is on a vent and I am still taking care of her I get nurses 16 hours of the day. That is when they can staff it and they never do holidays. I have done more hours taking care of my mom then the nurses.

I took my mom to the doctors a couple of days ago and he told me that my mom has a anemia that turns into leukemia. The doctors before that told me that she has 2 spots on lungs and a mass on her kidney.

I do not know how much more I can handle. It is so hard being here every day. It has taken such a toll on my personal life. I fight with the nursing agency on a daily bases.

I look on the web all the time to see if there is any special funding to help with nursing for my mom. I will not put her in a nursing home. I feel as she will die in one of those place they do not care. I promised her I would not ever do that to her.So I fight every day to get her what she needs. Some way I get her what she needs and some of what she wants.

Every day I pray because you see I have MS and both of my knees have been replaced(total knees).

I guess I just wanted someone to talk to. Thank you for listening.

Comments (5)

Sponsored