Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prayer Circle

Posted by Mimi427 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 9, 05 at 11:52

I'm unfamiliar with prayer circles...can someone tell me how this works??? Thanks, Mimi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prayer Circle

Hi Mimi! How's your day going? Good i hope! Well i think we started the prayer circle about a year ago, it seems like when things are going bad, or we're having a bad time or just because, one of us will suggest a prayer circle, we just pick a day and time and at that time, doesn't matter where we are or what we're doing (You can even be grocery shopping) you just start praying for a loved one, or people in this forum or soldiers overseas, people we don't know, it doesn't matter, we figure the more folks we have praying at the same time, might just give us more strength and it just plain makes us feel good! As i said in my other post, there is no need to sign up or anything, you just pray at the day and time posted! well i'm off to the back yard again, oh, that grass needs cutting again, just did it 4 days ago, thought that's we had kids, so that they would do it! - lol debbie

o
RE: Prayer Circle

Hi Debbie,
I admire you so....you always seem to be so "up" even with all your responsibilities. Thanks for filling me in on the prayer circle. It sounds like a wonderful idea and something I would like to do.
My day was okay, but lately I feel as if I'm barely keeping my head above water. Besides working full time and caring for my mom, my father in law passed away three month's ago. My MIL is now talking about selling her condo and moving. I'm thrilled that she's made this decision, because she is 88 years old, has a heart condition (under good control) and is extremely hard of hearing. In my opinion, she should not be living alone. I would like to see her in an assisted living facility, but my SIL (DH's sister) is against it and constantly talking to my MIL about keeping her "beautiful place" (SIL lives out of town). I'm trying to talk to my MIL without starting anything with my SIL to keep encouraging her to make the move. I guess we'll see what happens. Right now she lives about 45 mins from us...not terribly far, but there are assisted living places within one mile from our home. I know she would like to move closer to us and quite honestly, she'd probably love to live with us, but that is something that I know I cannot handle. I'm just hoping she'll make the move to a place close by where she will have others around her and we can pick her up and bring her over more frequently so she isn't so lonely.
OH! and, I took a giant step today...I made arrangements for my mom to spend a weekend with my sister...yes, I finally did it, well at least I made the arrangements, now I have to follow through. I don't know what my problem is...I feel like I felt the first time I got a baby sitter for my son when he was a baby...that awful feeling in the pit of your stomach. But I have to do this, I know it's the right thing to do for me and my DH...we need a break and some time alone -- it's been seven months of non-stop caring for mom. It's not that long a period of time, but I know it is the best for everyone. I guess I'm anticipating my mom's insecurity, how it will affect her. There's no doubt she will be upset but it's only one night and she's with her daughter, how bad can that be? I figure the worst that can happen is she ends up having a bad night and my sister has a bad night...I just need to get over this first time thing...driving me a little nuts right now...well, I certainly rambled on...
And Debbie, if you are cutting your grass for the second time in 4 days, it must be getting nice and warm -- FINALLY...I'm happy for you...be well and take good care, Mimi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here