Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any ideas?

Posted by heydeborah (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 9, 05 at 11:25

Hi everyone! Things seem to be very slow here, and i'm hoping that is for the good of everyone, and we're all busy doing outside things or resting! anyways, this happened 2 nights ago but i couldn't get Al to go to the hospital, even though i though he should have went. he was propped up on pillows in bed and said can you put me up i can't move, also i can't move my right arm at all, plus he looked ill, we all sat with him and watched the news then about an hour later he said i'm really tired now and i'd like to nap (this is the yukky thing he said to me), can you check on me to see if i'm still around in an hour or so! do you think it was a mini stroke, or maybe he was laying down wrong and it affected his muscles, his great doctor (has attittude too!) is on holidays for 3 weeks! and apparently the wait at emerg is pretty bad, just to sit there after this has happened. debbie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any ideas?

Dear Debbie:
I'm sorry I don't have answers re: if it was a mini stroke. I'm just wondering if his doctor has someone taking call for him? I know things are different in Canada and you've mentioned how few docs there are where you live...I can only go by my experience and when our doctors are away, someone is "on-call" for them. At least it would be better than sitting in the ER for hours on end. Debbie, please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family... Mimi

o

Hi Mimi, thanks for thinking about us, but just having a doctor here is what we call remarkable! No this doctor didn't have anyone take his place, the most sad thing is, not for us is that he specializes in cancer, can you believe that! he just up and took holidays, i just feel bad for other people and families. my doctor (al and i have different ones) is off with cancer, and he didn't have anyone take his place either, however, we can see the doctor on call at this clinic and only if you have a doctor there otherwise you're out of luck! i'm lucky i only get migranes but i do feel so sorry for others that are really ill. well i've sounded out enough! and i think everyones tired of hearing me ramble on! debbie

o

Debbie...how's Al doing now? I know it's been a few days, but I just came upon your post....maybe you've already answered somewhere else, but I'm concerned....I'm so anxious to meet you in August! We should be arriving in ThunderBay on the 8th from our little trippy thru Michigan.

Let me know, okay? You still have our email address?

Blessings
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here