SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goozie_gw

New Here

goozie
16 years ago

I just lost my dad suddenly and unexpectedly to a heart attack a few months ago..he was the main caregiver of my mom who is in ailing health..there are still things she can do for herself but not much, which now it falls on my shoulders because I live next door. I think she sits around and looks for things for me to do..I do all I can to make her comfortable, but feel myself burning out very quickly because I suffer from depression. I know about caring for the elderly because I did it for 12 years..but this is so much more different. It would take me hrs. to post what is really going on. I'ts too soon to think about nursing home care, and she would'nt agree to "in home health care"...she's just not to that point...what do i do to keep myself sane without feeling guilty. How do I let her know I am stressing out and becoming more depressed. I want to be stong and enjoy caring for her needs. I am currently going through a difficult divorce as well, so seems like I have alot on my plate...I miss my dad, he was my strong arm and best friend and now I see what he went through..she can be quite demanding at times, and I think she can do more for herself than what she does...but Dad always did it. Please help. Goozie

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz