SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sajz_gw

New Here...Need to Vent

sajz
18 years ago

I just found this site...after lurking in the lawn forum,getting weed killer advice:)

These past weeks have just been overwhelming. I am so nervous and angry.

Brief descrpt: I am currently taking care of my mother, by myself, and have a brother and sister who live in the area but want no involvment("too busy" is the excuse. Yet they seem to find the time to socialize, vacation, pursue hobbies). There is no reasoning with them. I've heard it said that you find out who is really there for you when you're down. Not only are they not helping out in any way, they are destructive people. My sister loves seeing me miserable. I assume she feels the same way about our mom.

What's really hard is that I did not see this coming. I had no idea that my sister could be this cruel ... didn't know she had it in her. I know my brother has his issues, but I thought he would see how difficult things are and maybe get involved somehow. But...no.

And then there's my mom. I can't get into what her problems are and why she needs care. What I can't take is her anger. She's been forced to face up to the realities of her life, the most difficult being that her kids are basically rotten people. It's eating away at her, and because I 'm living with her I get to bear the brunt of her moods, her unhappiness, her physical pain.

I am trying to be compassionate...the woman had a 13hr spinal reconstructive surgery, and she is in constant pain. It's too soon to know if the surgery been effective in lessening her pain (her first surgery was botched and therfore failed, causing her to have more pain than before the surgery, hence the need for #2).

oh well. It's 4 AM. Busy day tomorrow(well, today). And the day after, and the day after that, and the next day..........

Thanks to whomever started this forum. I needed this...much better than journaling!

Comments (8)

Sponsored