SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edwinna_gw

Some advice needed...sick co-worker

edwinna
18 years ago

Hi,

I started lurking in this forum last year when it looked like my father-in-law was going to have to leave his home to be cared for. Thankfully, he died suddenly of a heart attack before it became necessary. Not meant in a cold hearted way, just that he would have hated losing his independence. Anyways, that's how I found you great people. You amaze me with what you do every day.

So, now the time has come where your expertise would be so helpful if you don't mind sharing/advising.

A wonderful woman I work with was diagnosed with liver disease almost a year ago. She's fought hard but is now in the final stages of liver failure. She's only 60 years old.

She's very depressed (having just found out today that the doctors give her six months tops) and she's so sad to realize that she won't be returning to work.

I want to spend time with her and try to make things a little better, but I'm not very good at these things. To be honest, I'm scared too. I'm not sure if it's possible to cheer her up, but I'd like to try.

Some of us (other co-workers) visit and handle it really well. Others visit, but don't know what to say. And, some don't visit cuz although they love her, are afraid to say the wrong thing.

We did pool our money today to buy her flowers and a teddy bear. And, some of us made some meals for her hubby to eat.

Any suggestions for making this time more bearable for her would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much,

edwinna

Comments (14)

Sponsored