Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please!!!!!

Posted by mariend (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 29, 09 at 0:06

Have the courtesy to come back and say Thanks-if you wish, or that sounds good or at least lets us know you do appreciate your cry for help. I have noticed that most of the people post once, crying their eyes out, or feeling so sorry about a situation and some very good help is given or people will post those special thought and you do not have the courtesy to even say thanks. If you cannot acknowledge a posting, please, do no post at all. Most of us do care, and even if you do not agree with the posting, at least let us know you do care.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please!!!!!

Actually, I don't worry about people who don't come back, at least not on this forum. Their hands are full and their time is limited. I just hope that they got a few answers.

o
RE: please!!!!!

These people are concerned about their loved ones, and you are concerned about manners.

One of the problems is that not everyone likes what the advice is. Often they want a "cure" for a 96 year old with Alzheimers or they don't want to be told that things are going to get worse, or that parent is NEVER going to be able to live a normal life and go shopping again. Perhaps the most common is that they need to put the loved one in some sort of assisted living arrangement. That's not what they want to hear.

They want someone to tell them about magic. That the stiff joints, pain and dementia will disappear if they do this or that. It's hard to thank someone for telling you something that you really don't want to hear.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here