SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoakie2601

Mom living with me

hoakie2601
10 years ago

I am at the end of my rope and needing advise. My mom lives with me and my hubby. She has lived with us for 3 years, since she became sick. She was living in a bad relationship when she got sick. I let it be her option to come live with me. She left Texas to move to Florida with me. She left a husband that was and is a scum bag. She started out helping me around the house. Cooking and doing the laundry. Living with us rent free.

Well since she has been with me she talks to her husband everyday. Tells him she loves him. She has his personal information and pays his bills for him monthly. With his money not hers, but she did get him a cell phone on her account cause he does not have enough money to have a phone. But he can sit around and play online poker and drink beer daily.

My other problem I have is. She is still very ill. Once of her doctors told her that if she kept drinking and smoking she would kill herself. So I've taken this all away from her. But if I let her go into a store by herself she will buy cigs. Or when I went out if town she took a cab to get cigs and beer. I don't know what to do about this. The reason she can't drink is she has bleeding ulcers and can't smoke cause she had severe heart problems.

Yet another problem I am having. I can't get her to do anything. She turns the TV on when she wakes up and either gets on her phone or kindle and plays solitaire all day. Has told me in the past she does not feel like get day is complete unless she plays 200 games a day. She won't let the dogs out to go to the bathroom. Won't do laundry any longer and when it comes to cooking it very scares.

I am looking for advise here. I'm sure people will think I am a bad person for wanting help. But understand my mom is not real old she is only 65. My 85 year old in laws are more active than she is and they have had heart and health issues. I feel like she has given up and if I say anything I'm a bad daughter. But I know if I send her back to Texas she will not live 6 months.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company