SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
agnespuffin

And speaking of gifts......

agnespuffin
12 years ago

For anyone looking for a gift for any elderly person that is having trouble getting around.....let me suggest a Rolator. That's a walker thing with four wheels. It will cost about 125-200 depending on how fancy.

I have had one for about one year. And you couldn't pay me to give it up! It has made the difference between sitting most of the day and actually going shopping. It has kept me from falling a zillion times. I need to carry something....like a cup of coffee or an arm load of dirty laundry, it goes on the seat without any trouble.

My son, who is a doctor, saw the difference in my getting around, and the difference in the amount of pain that moving gave me, and he started telling his patients to get one. All but one thought Rolators were for old folks. Only one, so far, took his advice. He said that the next time she was in, she nearly hugged him. She said it made all the difference in the world to her.

Granted, that it might not work for everyone, but it's worth trying to see if the person would accept it.

At first, I didn't think it would be worth the money. But it has paid for itself in more ways than one. My husband doesn't worry about leaving me at home by myself and I can easily use it to hoist my butt out of my chair or bed.

Comments (4)

Sponsored