Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lift chair problem

Posted by gardening_nana (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 08 at 19:44

we recently bought a lift chair for my husband and it is in wonderful shape but was not brand new . bought from someone who did not need it any more
well my husband spilt water in the chair today and the chair started moving on it's own up and down . it is now all the way to the lift and it will not work . guessing the water went into the remote. can anyone give me some help here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lift chair problem

Can't really help, but you may find that just time-letting everything get dry will solve the problem.
Is it plugged into an electric outlet-if so unplug so no one get a shock.
Good Luck

o

Do you have a large medical center that sells medical equipment? You might even has a furniture store for ideas, or do you have friends that do electric work?

o

Pull the plug, shut it off, and let it dry out. It may be okay. Next I would call an electrician.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here