Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
petite size clothing

Posted by amanda14 (My Page) on
Tue, May 6, 08 at 16:17

My Nana recently turned 100! And, is now residing in an assisted living facility in NJ. I'm looking for a catalog or on-line "store" to purchase her some clothes. She is VERY petite (4P) and I can't seem to find anything suitable, most sites are too young for her. Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: petite size clothing

Try Catalogs or even uniform shops. Are you looking for simple to put on dresses? pants? easy to slip on clothes?
Is there someone who could make up some outfits--check the places that repair/mend clothes. Ask at a local HS or college that does Home Eco classes--ask a local 4-H group Ask a senior citizen group. Watch garage sales Hope this helps a little.

o

I buy most of my clothes at dept. store like Macys, Target, even TJMaxx. I can only find regular size clothes, so I buy the closest fit I can find and bring them to a local seamstress for alterations. I've gained some weight, I find a good fit is size one petite, I found a pair of supposedly capri-length pants that fit me perfectly, without alterations! Good luck, I feel your pain, having to spend an extra $20 just to get proper-fitting slacks!!!

o

JC Penny has a lot of petite sports wear like sweatpants,knit bottoms,tees and sweatshirts in pretty colors and with embroidered designs that would suit an older woman.

o

Old Pueblo Traders has a fairly extensive line of petite clothing. They sell online and also have several catalogs. I think you might find something there. Bettye

o

My mother was a 2p she shopped at petite sophistic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here