Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I am no longer a care-giver

Posted by ladyelle (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 08 at 16:12

Hi, I used to post here alot at one time. My mom passed away in Feb of this year. I don't think I'll ever get over it. Mother's Day was really hard for me as was my birthday last week.

I'll miss her forever. Rest in peace dear mom...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I am no longer a care-giver

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

o

I'm sorry for your loss. Of course you'll miss her forever, but the raw emotion you're feeling now does temper with time and the memories get sweeter and sweeter.

o

My heart goes out to you. After being a caregiver, it's very difficult to move on. I have been caregiver for my mom and little brother who is handicapped. My dh says he is very worried about what I will do when my mom passes. While it will be a blessing for her as she prays for death, there is loss in so many ways.
I pray that you can move on, keep your wonderful memories and move more and more toward celebrating her life instead of grieving over her death.
Easy to say, I know but maybe doing things that she enjoyed, seeing things she liked etc will help you.

God Bless

o

I am so sorry.

o

I am so sorry for your mom's death, but try to be kind to you. You now have to find a new normal and after caregiving it is hard. Take your time to mourn but keep moving forward.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here