Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how are you all doing?

Posted by heydeborah (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 07 at 14:30

hi everyone! it's a rainy day here and we finally have buds on the trees! i hope all you ladies had a great mother's day too! we are i think just starting too adjust with our new life. it's so weird not having time constrants! but i miss Al so much. we ordered his headstone about 2 weeks ago and they have already installed the base at the cemetary, i think this might be the start of realization also starting. the lady from the monument company called me and said the person who does this said that we did not seem to put much on the monument and did we want to add more to it, she seemed a little put off that we did not want any quotes at the bottom.
carley and i have put the laminate floors in all except the baseboards and we have also finished painting the kitchen cupboards (it's great to have a 50's style kitchen so you can paint the cupboards). i also had a youngman, our son's friend take 2 loads of "stuff that will come in handy" to the dump. did you know that nails can break into pieces! - lol. Gracie Joy is a real little firecracker, she's almost 5 1/2 months old and weighs 6 pounds and is into everything, she also likes wearing "doggy" clothes and has to be tied up even in the yard since she is a car chaser! i have met alot of "new" neighbours who ask me if i have just moved into the area, i laugh and say no we've lived down the street for 20 years!
i has reading an article about widows(ers) and they say that after about 2 weeks the novilty of people helping out stops and then people do not want to talk to you, it's like they might catch something, believe me it's so true!
i hope that everyone is doing well, and i've give anything to be caring for Al right now!
debbie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how are you all doing?

Hi Deb
Sound like you are doing pretty good. I am so glad.
I have been busy in my garden and also putting in lots of seeds to bed in my new mini green house. I found it at the end of the season last year-$12 dollars -it had been 60. I bought it and waited all winter to put it up-It has been fun to use.
So far I have not seen a monarch, but I am watching.
On mother day, I told my kids to stay home and let their kids Mother them. We will be seeing all of them in another week for a Birthday Celebration.
We had a wood duck treat us to a Mother's Day show. She had seven baby duck hatch in our wood duck box and they all jumped out that morning as we sat having our Coffee. Really Neat.
Take Care and do report in every so often. I do think about you often.
Connie

o

If you would share some of that rain, we would appreciate it a great deal.

It's good to hear from you. How much more are you planning to do on the house? Don't forget to take time out to read!!

o

Things can be a little slow on some of these forums; I hope that means all is going well and that folks are able to get in some outside activities now that spring has finally sprung... although we had snow flurries this AM down on our end of the Big Lake.

I understand, I know how coming down after full time caregiving and a real change in your life is a huge adjustment. With Mom in LTC now I've got more free time than I know how to fill, but I'm getting a little better at it, and getting a little better at looking after myself as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here