SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mimi427

slurred speech

mimi427
18 years ago

I've noticed lately that when Mom tries to say more than two or three words, her words are a little slurred. I have NOT noticed any change in her facial expressions. I'm wondering if any of you have any experience with slurred speech and AD? Mom does have a Dr appt on May 23 and I do plan to bring it up then. I've also noticed that her arms shake; not all of the time, but it's been happening more often lately. This may all be a part of the disease and I thought I'd ask those of you that have had experience with AD before bringing it up at the Dr appt

One more thing...mom's hearing has always been excellent. For a while now, she has been very sensitive to noises of any kind...to her, a perfect day is one where the house is very quiet, except for the sound of her television. Lately she seems to be even more sensitive to sounds...the dogs barking, if I happen to drop something, preparing dinner (taking out pots and pans)...she becomes agitated and immediately questions "what was that?"... I'm wondering if it is just that she's not all here and the sound startles her or if it is something else??

Thanks, Mimi

Comments (4)

Sponsored