SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fairegold

Wish us luck, friends....

fairegold
18 years ago

Looks like I have to take Mother to the hospital today. I am angry and frustrated, but worried, as well.

Mother is 95, lives in blended independent/assisted complex about 10 miles from me, but she's independent. She has bad osteoporosis, and three years ago, she had a vertibraplasty (sp?) on a new break in her spine, and she did well afterwards; after that, I moved her here from Arizona. She does not have AD or any other cognitive problems other that worrying about everything.

My husband and I had a busy weekend with a large event, Thursday thru Sunday, and house guests. I told Mother that we will be home every evening, and she has my cell phone number, and I was only 45 minutes away while I was at the event.

So she calls me last night, Sunday, and asks me to please call the doctor today. Seems she was moving furniture in her apartment (I swear, I will KILL her!) and she hurt herself on Friday. SHe hasn't been able to go downstairs for meals, but, she assures me, she has plenty of Ensure in her fridge.

I was so frustrated that I didn't take here directly to the hospital last night (and do I ever feel guilty). I am giving her doctor another 15 minutes to call me back with a referral to an orthopedist who works with osteoporosis, and if no call, then we go right to the hospital. I don'd want to get her into the car for an appt at a GP's office and then just get a referral.

Wish us luck....

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022