SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cearbhaill

I hate my life

I know that a lot of you struggle with caring for people who refuse to bathe so I feel a little guilty for whining about the opposite problem, but there is a downside.

My MIL (88/wheelchair) changes whole sets of clothing three times a day and puts them in the hamper. And a set of jammies. Plus two towels and so on from a daily bath I help give her. She will sometimes rub a stain of something or other on them to justify it but I am completely convinced it is a passive aggressive behavior. And on top of that if she so much as farts she changes again. I swear to God it is her hobby.

Yesterday I left DH (her son) in charge to go visit my own mother for Mother's Day- it's the first time I have been free for an afternoon since St. Patrick's Day. When I left there wasn't so much as one dirty sock in the house and I came back three hours later to overflowing hampers. Including a sheet set and I had just changed them that morning. She said she spilled something but I couldn't find the first smudge.

DH then told me that he wheeled her around the neighborhood yesterday afternoon and evidently she sat down on the bed to change clothes (outside air has cooties) and contaminated the sheets- through the bedspread.

I am so over laundry. Sometimes I just run them through a rinse with fabric softener to freshen them, but there's still the incessant folding and carrying them back and forth.

It makes no sense.

I am not going to get into a conversation about it as she thinks I am unclean anyway (because we have pets, who by the way are prohibited from going anywhere near her) and it is easier just to remove them and then take them back.

Please don't suggest that I get outside help- there is no money for it (she receives decent SS but sends most of it away to charities), plus I could never leave them alone in the house due to pet issues. DH can't help too much as he works himself to death seven days a week to support us all on one income.

That Medicaid nursing home is looking better and better.

I'm two years into this situation and it's wearing a bit thin.

OK- now that I've typed it out it seems petty.

But I vented, so there it is.

Just another day.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Home Rescue Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Loudoun County's in Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions