SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fairegold

a long day with Mother

fairegold
18 years ago

Just a word before I hit the sack.

Mother and I went to the doctor today. No new breaks in her spine that are detectable without a full scan, and if she doesn't improve in a couple of weeks, we'll try that, so for now what she has is maybe a muscle spasm. We (me and the doctor) convinced her to try Motrin on an alternating 4 hr schedule with her Tylenol. And we'll be starting PT 3x a week soon.

While we were in the exam room, she started saying how she didn't want to live and she wants to die and she was so miserable and she's such a burden to me. And she has an amazingly whiny voice that you just would not believe. I said, point blank, that she only is a burden when she talks that way because it makes me feel terrible. And she said, but who can I talk to, if not to you?

All the time, I was shouting because she had left her hearing aids at home because she has to take them out when they take a temperature with the ear thermometers. I forgot to make sure she had the aids in before we left her apt. (That won't happen again!)

I've been off and on a bunch of BP meds this past year, with nothing that doesn't have terrible side effects for me. This AM, my BP was way too high.

Ok, am off to bed. Nighty night, all. Thanks for letting me say things that even my DH is tired of hearing.

Helene

Comments (9)

Sponsored