SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imabest

I need some advice

imabest
19 years ago

Today I had a Dr appt and so did my Hubby.We went to the Dr about 8.45 and then left and went to pick her wheelchair up.Then on to Walmart to get some grocery.

I just knew the whole time I was gone when we got home that I would find my mother on the floor.

I opened the door came in her room and sure enough she was laying on the floor!!!!!!!! I don't know for how long but my hubby and I he with rotor cuff surgery just a month of ago and me with 3 bad disk and pinched nerve in my back.

I pulled under her arms and he pulled on her hands to get her up.

Sure enough I heard and felt a big pop in my lower back.

Now I am crawling around !!!!! Just cannot do any lifting on her.

So far the PT that is coming has been no help my mom almost ran for her with the walker.Hubby and I were in the state of shock how fast she went.

I told the PT girl this is not her normal walk.

She is very unsteady and unsure normally.

The 2nd time the girl came my Mom had had her fall here at home.

I called the nurse with home care today and she said take your mom to er and have her evaluated Or she could come.

I was so upset with her I told her to just forget it.

I thought that they would be much more help than they are but so far this is a joke.

The nurse says she will be making 2 visit next week and she is done.

My mom has swollen feet which is not normal looks like they would come and check her out for awhile.

Now I have to take her to the Dr next Tues and don't even know how I will get her in the car to get her there.

What do you all know about home care.

The nurse will be here next week and I mad enough to ask her just what the heck it is they do for people who have no one.

if you all have any advice and suggestions please tell me I am at the end of my rope.

hugs for all Kathy

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County