SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dadoes

Frustration with eating

dadoes
10 years ago

Having constant frustration dealing with getting the grandmother to eat, properly. Left to herself, she'd either sit all day and eat nothing, or nibble on crackers, maybe a Roma tomato, slice of bread, a sandwich half (the daily sitter keeps a few ready-made in the 'fridge). Last couple days she has been binging on Diet Rite Cola ... which is funny being as she constantly claims to dislike carbonated drinks. If I give her half a can with supper, she complains it's nasty but she drank three cans between evening and morning yesterday.

She doesn't recognize "food" in the refrigerator. Bowls of vegetables, meatloaf, chicken & pasta, rice & ground beef & gravy ... all sits untouched. I come in at the evening, heat a small portion. Call her to come from the living room to the table for supper. She typically goes to crying that I'm "fussing" at her, just at the simple suggestion to come eat supper. I can sit at the table with her, not saying a word, and she's sobbing and sniffling, picking at the meal, then pushes it away that it's too much.

Comments (37)

Sponsored