SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pearl53_gw

Still waiting

Pearl53
18 years ago

Well, I got up early this morning, fully believing I would have her in today. I changed my mind about which nursing home at the last minute. This place was really my first choice but is a few miles further away. So the lady from my preferred nursing home came to the house, along with the Director of Nurses for a brief visit with Mother. They asked her about her doctor's visit yesterday. She couldn't remember a thing about it. I wish I couldn't. Would you believe they couldn't take her today because of a state law that says there has to be a 48 hour waiting period after the TB skin test? I was so disgusted. So we went over more paperwork, dicussed her medications, diet, etc. She gave me a hug and said she knew what I was going through because she went through the same thing with her mother. (It sounded good anyway.) They say tomorrow is the big day, but who knows. I thought today was going to be the big day.

I decided in Mother's case, the best approach is to "take her out to lunch" tomorrow. I hope it works and she doesn't get too upset. She doesn't see very well and since her dementia has gotten worse she sometimes thinks she isn't home even in her own home. It could be an easy transition but who knows.

Will see tomorrow.

Pearl

Comments (3)

Sponsored