SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mimi427

The Final Phase of Induction !! : )

mimi427
18 years ago

Well, I believe I have now gone through "induction" for caregiving. Tonite, we finished dinner, cleaned up, mom was still at the table taking her meds and I went outside to have a smoke (I know, I know...one day I'll quit)...came back in and she was going up the stairs, but was on all fours, except one of her hands had something in it...so I asked what was going on and she said I can't tell you...I got closer and realized she had poop in her hand!! She said she got up to go to the bathroom and suddenly lost it...not diarrhea and never even felt it coming...that was the part that worried me. So there she was, trying to clean it up (some came out of her pant leg). I convinced her to leave it and got her upstairs, undressed and partially cleaned up, then got her in the shower and cleaned her off...really no big deal, but she was so embarrassed...I tried to make light of it and told her she cleaned me up many a time when I was a baby, but that didn't fly. In any case, by the time I got her out of the shower and dried and into her nightgown, she was better. I got her situated in her chair and said "see? we thought we were going to have a boring evening!" she did chuckle...you really have to have a sense of humor...I think I've finally reached that point...

One question, although who knows if you have answers...do you think this is the start of her incontinence, or could it just be "one of those things?" What concerned me was not that she had an accident, but that she did not even know she had to poop....your input, as always is priceless and very much appreciated....me? I'm going downstairs to clean out her pants and undies....gee, I wonder what my sisters are doing tonight? (just kidding...I'm really ok with this)

Comments (20)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio