Return to the Care Givers Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Puréed foods

Posted by westelle (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 19:14

Do any of you have any experience with either/and/or purchasing or making formed puréed food?

When DH was in Hospital they served him formed puréed food that was both good looking and good tasting. DH is getting to the point where having some of these available might be a good idea.

Some of the foods served him could easily be made by me, but others would be a lot of work. If you have any recipes or links to recipe site(s) I would appreciate this too.

Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Puréed foods

Be sure to try our very own Cooking Forum!

o

I've been on the Cooking Forum for years and haven't seen this subject addressed. Are you suggesting that I ask my question on that Forum?

o

Yes, if the subject has not come up yet, then it's time! (Just so you don't get into details of DH's problems, since a recent post involving food restrictions ran into problems.) But pureed foods would be interesting.

o

Ok, I'll give it a try.

o

I wanted to report that Westelle did post the question on the Cooking Forum and received several responses. Helpful hints, techniques, recipes, etc. In the future, if anyone is looking for similar information, search for the topic "pureed foods" on the cooking forum. Or use Google search, "garden web pureed foods."

o

Thank you for mentioning the thread on the Cooking Forum. There are a number of really good ideas and links to a few recipes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here