She's in

Posted by Pearl53 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 20, 05 at 18:40

She's in and words cannot express what a hellish day

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: She's in

You did it, now .... breathe....

She'll be fine, she's safe and will be well cared for, as will you.

o

Hugs for you, Pearl. But I agree, she will be fine and so will you. It all takes time.

o

May the Lord give your DM peace,rest and I am sure she will be well taken care of. Time...just one day at a time!!!! Get your rest and be good to yourself. Blessings, Nora

o

May the Lord bless and help you and your precious mother.

o

Pearl, use these next few days to take GOOD CARE of yourself. Rest, sleep, try to eat properly. Can you take a day or two off from work, just to de-compress?

She will be fine. In time, she may not remember that this wasn't always her home. You are not a bad or evil daughter. On the contrary, you came to the realization that she needed more than you could provide and that you would be doing her a disservice NOT to give her what she needed. So you brought her someplace that could take care of her.

Try to get some rest tonight.

o

Pearl, try to relax and take care of yourself for a few days. You and your Mom will be in my thoughts and prayers...

o

Dear Pearl,
How I feel for you....the others are right...try to take a few days just for you...to take care of you...Your DM is going to be okay. Now is the time to take care of YOU. I am thinking of you and keeping you and your mom in my prayers. Mimi

o

Pearl: yes, it was one of the worst days of my life, too. But let me try to comfort you with my experience....after your dear Mom as been in for a few days, you'll begin to realize that this was the best decision for HER. Although we continue to grieve our loss (and it is a loss and continues to be), I now recognize that she's in a much more stimulating environment, receiving kind, caring, and professional care, which she'll require more of than we could ever provide. Let time take its course: you'll go through all the stages of grief that one goes thru with the death of a loved one (www.alzeimers.org).

Most of all, Pearl, be kind to yourself. Know that you did this for unselfish reasons; you're a good daughter. Now you will have pleasant visits with her, you can take her walking, out for tea or lunch, for rides....knowing she'll return to her safe place. Regenerate yourself; find those things you used to enjoy and take time to re-aquaint yourself with them.

You'll see....this will get easier, I promise.

Blessings
Linda

o

Thinking about'cha, Pearl. I'm sure this is a bad time. You are entitled to your feelings. You will be "on top of things", I'm sure.
Your new life will take some getting used to...give yourself and your Mom some time. (((Pearl))) Derry

o

Pearl, how are you doing today?

o

Pearl: I know it is hard to do, but as the others say, take this time for yourself. Your mom is in good hands and you will soon see that it was the best thing you could do for her.

o

Dear Pearl,
It's a difficult time for you & each day will improve...please try to rest.

Love, Sharlee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Care Givers Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here