SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pearl53_gw

What do I say to her?

Pearl53
18 years ago

Today I took my Mother to the doctor to get the paperwork and necessary tests for putting her in the nursing home. She got upset and did not want a chest xray. It took quite a bit of talking to get that done. When they pricked her arm she hollered several times. Said we were trying to do something to her and that she didn't give permission for that to be done. She had blood work done a couple of weeks ago and hardly said a word about it. The doctor gave me the necessary paperwork and I am ready to put her in but how do I do it without upsetting her?

My nerves are frazzled. I am feeling physically sick and ready to throw up. The nursing home is waiting on her and wondering why I didn't bring her today. She seems completely confused today for some reason. Talking to herself about all sorts of things. Why couldn't this have all gone smoothly? I feel like I am being put through a torture test. For what?

I am hoping she will be in a different frame of mind tomorrow morning but what if she isn't? How do you tell an elderly person you are taking them and putting them in a nursing home? Mother is very smart and senses when she isn't being told things. So I don't know what to do.

Pearl

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz