SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pearl53_gw

Update

Pearl53
18 years ago

Mother seems to be adjusting and in good spirits. She seems to be interacting nicely with the staff. Still too early to tell but so far so good.

Me, I have been sick with a cold since the day I put her in. (I rarely have colds.) Don't feel well at all today. Just resting mainly.

Mimi, to me also the hardest part of taking care of Mother was the feeling that the rest of the family had completely forsaken us. It just burned me up to be quite honest with you. No visits, no phone calls, no nothing for long periods. Then ocassionally a visit or a nice card, but not very often. My depression over this was one of the biggest problems I dealt with. My sister would come for a visit maybe every other month and hold Mother's hand and tell her "I think about you everyday." (She lives a 100 miles away but still.) As they say, love is spelled T-I-M-E.

The day I put Mother in, I felt so very all alone, although my SIL was with me that day. I felt like I had no friends.

But I KNEW I was doing the right thing and that was all that kept me going from hour to hour.

Then two days later my brother came over and told me several times that he supported me in putting Mother in. He meant it. I could tell from the way he said it. Believe me, this was a big relief to me. He also volunteered to look after the house and my pets (I have three cats) when I wanted to go on trips. This was also a big relief.

I am still just going from hour to hour. Don't know where I am headed from here really. But I know Mother is where she needs to be.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to everyone for all of your wonderful words of kindness and support.

Pearl

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio