SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tscreates

My mom constantly accuses my neice of stealing

tscreates
14 years ago

My mom who recently has been going through dementia accuses my neice of stealing. She has not confronted my neice with this but mentions it to me everytime I have to leave her with my neice. She comes up with some story about her (my neice) stealing money when she was a very young child. The story is somewhat strange and I think she has her confused with another child that actually was a thief. I think the more she tells this story the more she believes it. Recently I told her she shouldn't be accusing her granchild of this and she should in fact be glad that she is keeping her company while I am away. So this weekend (when I was away) she insisted on giving my neice some money. Now she is saying that she is missing money and stating that my neice is a theif. I can ignore all this but at the same time I am afraid that my neice will no longer be availabe while I am away. How do I handle this without losing a very important caregiver. Maybe Mom can't help this but it's very unfair to me and my neice. I want to keep Mom living with me as long as possible but...

Comments (10)

Sponsored
My Kitchen And Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars48 Reviews
Virginia-Based, Leading Kitchen and Bath Remodeler Since 1994