SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanninetx

Son is not happy

jeanninetx
19 years ago

Well we did another urine sample, and bingo! big time infection and since the local Dr. can no longer give him the normal anti-biotics, due to the infections resistance, he will be on IV meds. for 10 days. Not happy, but he at least gets to stay home, no hospital for him. We have had this happen twice before, and I know what to do, just it does cut into your spare time.

The home health in our little town, knows us and has his records so they are no strangers to him or his condition.

They do have to do the IV shunt, but I do the changing and etc. of the IV bags. Their concern and ours, is his veins become collapsed after a day or two, so they will be out to change the IV cath. quite a bit.

He had no fever, just "felt" like his bladder was cramping, and we took a sample to the Dr.

His Dr. has just thrown up his hands in regards to these infections, nothing he can prescribe will touch this.

So a busy 10 days coming up. I will still be in touch with you guys, but had to let loose a bit of steam, if you know what I mean.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living