SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kandm_gw

Mentally ill mother -

kandm
15 years ago

My mom has paranoid schizophrenia as well as high blood pressure and diabetes. She has stopped taking all her medication and is showing signs of a mental relapse. I have a sister and 4 brother but only two of us live in the community.

My siblings all want her to be committed involuntarily even though she is not a danger to herself or others. Her mother and myself are the only one against the idea, since we believe she should have medical problems cleared up by a doctor, before we take such a huge step as involuntary commitment.

She complains about physical illnesses in such bizarre ways that the others simply dismiss it as being crazy rather than following up. When she complained about "yellow worms" infesting her body they dismissed it, said she was just crazy but when I took her to the doctor, it turned out she had a severe yeast infection.

I am really angry and resentful about my siblings, who at most, call her every week or so, telling me I need to go along with their wishes about committing my mom right now. They contribute nothing to her care but want to call all the shots. It's so frustrating.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH